Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s cold and flu season so I asked a respiratory therapist I know — Lee Guion — to offer some guidance. Here are Lee’s 7 Tips for Respiratory Health which are critical for those with a condition that causes weakened muscles:
- Attend a Multi-Disciplinary Clinic
- Get the flu and pneumonia vaccines
- Treat upper respiratory tract infections
- Maximize your nutrition
- Exercise — especially disciplines coordinating the breath with movement
- Sleep Well
But this list is only a list. You should listen to the podcast.
There are many online videos to guide you in a practice combining breath work and movement but here’s one from the Niroga Institute for people with asthma.
Here are Homework Assignments for the rest of 2017:
- Listen to previous podcast episodes about everything from medical cannabis to mindfulness meditation as well as fermentation.
- Soon there will be cool videos here.
- Check out this documentary film, Unrest. It’s a “story of love and loss” about people diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis (commonly known as chronic fatigue syndrome).
2 comments on “Every Breath You Take: Tips for Respiratory Health”